Sunday, September 26, 2010

Driving Force

There's a yearning in my heart, a longing that grows stronger every day.  It is hard for me to sit still because my heart turns inside my chest pushing me beyond what I know, beyond what I am comfortable with, beyond today.  I try to keep from being swept away by this driving force within me.  I don't want to miss today.  I want to be faithful to every opportunity that presents itself for the kingdom but my heart cannot be silenced.  I hear satan as he tries to convince me I am not good enough.  He is right.  I am not good enough.  My talents, my righteousness, my gifts and abilities are nothing in and of themselves but I have to believe in the hands of my Maker they are enough, in fact, they are unstoppable because He is unstoppable.  With Him, I can forge ahead as an instrument, a weapon of the Great King as he advances His kingdom.  If they can bring attention to Him then His glory will consume every person whose gaze is drawn to Him. 


I don't want to stay here.  I want to move.  I want to grow and as every thorn tries to quench my love and passion for Christ it will be overwhelmed and unable to compete.  My heart is pushing me yet my eyes cannot see.  They don't know where to look or where to move.  This passion inside of me is crying for an outlet.  Lord, show me Your footsteps that I may follow them.  With each step my heart will overflow and pour out  praise to Your name because You are worthy!

No comments: